The University of Beira Interior (UBI) is today a landmark institution at national and international level of education, research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship, competitiveness and Innovation is one line of research developed within the Research Unit – NECE. This line of research aims to encourage entrepreneurship, competitiveness, and innovation of Portuguese firms and to help to develop an entrepreneurial and competitive society. Entrepreneurship education is a key tool in the use of the competences of the human resources to new firm creation. The primary purpose of this research area is to evaluate the impact of education on entrepreneurial activities. The specific objectives focused on entrepreneurship education intend:
- To verify if the development of attributes and competences that form the base of the entrepreneurship will be able to have influence for the acquisition of more specific knowledge on the enterprise activity, throughout the several levels of education;
- To understand the way education in entrepreneurship will be able to contribute to prepare the children and the young to become individuals with intellectual autonomy, physically, emotionally and socially;
- To analyze the impact of extra-curricular activities in learning of entrepreneurship;
- To analyze the impact of the formation of entrepreneurship focus at the university level in the creation of companies and the creation of jobs;
- To study the effect of education in entrepreneurship in the propensity for the creation of companies of technological basis.